An-Naziat ; Those Who Pull and Withdraw
Surah 79 (Chapter
79); 46 Verses
|1. By the (angels) who tear out (the souls of the wicked) with
2. By those who gently draw out (the souls of the blessed);
3. And by those who glide along (on errands of mercy)
4. Then press forward as in a race
5. Then arrange to do (the commands of their Lord)
6. One Day everything that can be in commotion will be in violent commotion
7. Followed by oft-repeated (commotions):
8. Hearts that Day will be in agitation;
9. Cast down will be (their owners') eyes.10. They say (now): "What! shall we indeed be returned to (our) former state?"
11. "What! When we shall have become rotten bones?"
12. They say: "It would in that case be a return with loss!"13. But verily it will be but a single (compelling) Cry.
14. When behold they will be in the (full) awakening (to Judgment).15. Has the story of Moses reached thee?
16. Behold thy Lord did call to him in the sacred valley to Tuwa
17. "Go thou to Pharaoh for he has indeed transgressed all bounds.
18. "And say to him `Wouldst thou that thou shouldst be purified (from sin)?
19. "`And that I guide thee to thy Lord so thou shouldst fear Him?' "
20. Then did (Moses) show him the Great Sign.
21. But (Pharaoh) rejected it and disobeyed (guidance);
22. Further he turned his back striving hard (against Allah).
23. Then he collected (his men) and made a proclamation
24. Saying "I am your Lord Most High."
25. But Allah did punish him (and made an) example of him in the Hereafter as in this life.26. Verily in this is an instructive warning for whosoever feareth (Allah).
Section 227. What! are ye the more difficult to create of the heaven (above)? (Allah) hath constructed it:
28. On high hath He raised its canopy and He hath given it order and perfection.
29. Its night doth He endow with darkness and its splendor doth He bring out (with light).
30. And the earth moreover; hath He extended (to a wide expanse):
31. He draweth out therefrom its moisture and its pasture;
32. And the mountains hath He firmly fixed
33. For use and convenience to you and your cattle.34. Therefore when there comes the great overwhelming (Event)
35. The Day when Man shall remember (all) that he strove for
36. And Half-Fire shall be placed in full view for (all) to see
37. Then for such as had transgressed all bounds
38. And had preferred the life of this world
39. The Abode will be Hell-Fire;
40. And for such as had entertained the fear of standing before their Lord's (tribunal) and had restrained (their) soul from lower Desires
41. Their abode will be the Garden.42. They ask thee about the Hour `When will be its appointed time?'
43. Wherein art thou (concerned) with the declaration thereof?
44. With they Lord is the Limit fixed therefor.
45. Thou art but a Warner for such as fear it.
46. The Day they see it (it will be) as if they had tarried but a single evening or (at most till) the following morn!