Surah 59 (Chapter
59); 24 Verses
|1. Whatever is in the heavens and on earth let it declare the Praises
and Glory of Allah: for He is the Exalted in Might the Wise.
2. It is He who got out the Unbelievers among the
People of the Book from their homes at the first gathering (of the forces). Little did ye
think that they would get out: and they thought that their fortresses would defend them
from Allah! but the (wrath of) Allah came to them from quarters from which they little
expected (it) and cast terror into their hearts so that they destroyed their dwellings by
their own hands and the hands of the Believers. Take warning then o ye with eyes (to see)!
3. And had it not been that Allah has decreed banishment for them He would certainly have punished them in this world: and in the Hereafter they shall (certainly) have the Punishment of the Fire.
4. That is because they resisted Allah and His Apostle: and if anyone resists Allah verily Allah is severe in Punishment.
5. Whether ye cut down (o ye Muslims!) the tender palm-trees or ye left them standing on their roots it was by leave of Allah and in order that He might cover with shame the rebellious transgressors.6. What Allah has bestowed on His Apostle (and taken away) from them for this ye made no expedition with either cavalry or camelry: but Allah gives power to His apostles over any He pleases: and Allah has power over all things.
7. What Allah has bestowed on His Apostle (and taken away) from the people of the townships belongs to Allah to His Apostle and to kindred and orphans the needy and the wayfarer; in order that it may not (Merely) make a circuit between the wealth among you. So take what the Apostle assigns to you and deny yourselves that which he withholds from you. And fear Allah; for Allah is strict in Punishment.8. (Some part is due) to the indigent Muhajirs those who were expelled from their homes and their property while seeking Grace from Allah and (His) Good pleasure and aiding Allah and His Apostle: such are indeed the sincere ones
9. But those who before them had homes (in Medina) and had adopted the Faith show their affection to such as came to them for refuge and entertain no desire in their hearts for things given to the (latter) but give them preference over themselves even though poverty was their (own lot). And those saved from the covetousness of their own souls they are the ones that achieve prosperity.
10. And those who came after them say: "Our Lord! Forgive us and our brethren who came before us into the Faith and leave not in our hearts rancor (or sense of injury) against those who have believed our Lord! Thou art indeed Full of Kindness Most Merciful."
Section 211. Hast thou not observed the Hypocrites say to their misbelieving brethren among the People of the Book? "If ye are expelled We too will go out with you and we will never hearken to anyone in your affair; and if ye are attacked (in fight) we will help you." But Allah is witness that they are indeed liars.
12. If they are expelled never will they go out with them; and if they are attacked (in fight) they will never help them; and if they do help them they will turn their backs; so they will receive no help.
13. Of a truth ye are stronger (than they) because of the terror in their hearts (sent) by Allah. This is because they are men devoid of understanding.
14. They will not fight you (even) together except in fortified townships or from behind walls. Strong is their fighting (spirit) amongst themselves: thou wouldst think they were united but their hearts are divided: that is because they are a people devoid of wisdom.15. Like those who lately preceded them they have tasted the evil result of their conduct and (in the Hereafter there is) for them a grievous Penalty
16. (Their allies deceived them) like the Evil One when he says to man "Deny Allah"; but when (man) denies Allah (the Evil One) says "I am free of thee: I do fear Allah the Lord of the Worlds!"
17. The end of both will be that they will go into the Fire dwelling therein for ever. Such is the reward of wrong-doers.
Section 318. O ye who believe! Fear Allah and let every soul look to what (provision) he has sent forth for the morrow. Yea fear Allah: for Allah is well-acquainted with (all) they ye do.
19. And be ye not like those who forget Allah; and He made them forget their own souls! such are the rebellious transgressors!
20. Not equal are the Companions of the Fire and the Companions of the Garden: it is the Companions of the Garden that will achieve Felicity.
21. Had We sent down this Qur'an on a mountain verily thou would have seen it humble itself and cleave asunder for fear of Allah such are the similitudes which We propound to men that they may reflect.22. Allah is He, than whom there is no other god Who knows (all things) both secret and open; He Most Gracious Most Merciful.
23. Allah is He than whom there is no other god the sovereign the Holy One the Source of Peace (and Perfection). The Guardian of Faith the Preserver of Safety the Exalted in Might the Irresistible the Supreme: Glory to Allah! (high is He) above the partners they attribute to Him.
24. He is Allah the Creator the Evolver the Bestower of Forms (or colors). To Him belong the Most Beautiful Names: Whatever is in the heavens and on earth doth declare His Praises and Glory: and He is the exalted in Might the Wise.